By Anthony E. Clark,Thomas H. Reilly,Robert Entenmann,Linda Gerber,Michael Maher,Liu Anrong,Joseph Tse-Hei Lee
Read or Download A Voluntary Exile: Chinese Christianity and Cultural Confluence since 1552 (Studies in Christianity in China) PDF
Similar political eastern philosophy books
Li Po (701-762) is taken into account one of many maximum poets to stay in the course of the Tang dynasty—what was once thought of to be the golden age for chinese language poetry. He used to be additionally the 1st chinese language poet to turn into renowned within the West, and he tremendously stimulated many American poets throughout the 20th century. Calling himself the "God of Wine" and identified to his buyers as a "fallen immortal," Li Po wrote with eloquence, vividness, and sometimes playfulness, as he extols the fun of nature, wine, and the lifetime of a wandering recluse.
Naturel - Simplicité - Harmonie Détachement - Frugalité - Spontanéité - LongévitéLe taoïsme ("enseignement de los angeles Voie") est à los angeles fois philosophie et faith chinoise. Plongeant ses racines dans los angeles tradition ancienne, ce courant se fonde sur des textes, dont le Tao te ting de Lao-Tseu, et s'exprime par des pratiques, qui influencèrent tout l'Extrême-Orient.
In thirteenth-century China, a Daoist monk named Gao Daokuan (1195-1277) composed a chain of illustrated poems and accompanying verse statement referred to as the Daoist Horse Taming images. during this annotated translation and examine, Louis Komjathy argues that this nearly unknown textual content deals exact insights into the transformative results of Daoist contemplative perform.
• comprises practices for detoxing the blood of poisons, relieving discomfort, utilizing sexual strength for therapeutic, and different instruments for the therapy and prevention of sickness• Explains the original therapeutic power of chi kung colour remedy and the way to harness common and earthly elemental energies in therapeutic• by means of Mantak Chia, coauthor of The Multi-Orgasmic ManTaoists think in an underlying harmony that permeates the universe and in detail binds all issues.
- Do Nothing & Do Everything: An Illustrated New Taoism
- Nuevos pensamientos para una vida mejor: La sabiduría del tao (Spanish Edition)
- The Tao of the West: Western Tranformations of Taoist Thought
- The Tao of Vegetable Gardening: Cultivating Tomatoes, Greens, Peas, Beans, Squash, Joy, and Serenity
Additional info for A Voluntary Exile: Chinese Christianity and Cultural Confluence since 1552 (Studies in Christianity in China)
A Voluntary Exile: Chinese Christianity and Cultural Confluence since 1552 (Studies in Christianity in China) by Anthony E. Clark,Thomas H. Reilly,Robert Entenmann,Linda Gerber,Michael Maher,Liu Anrong,Joseph Tse-Hei Lee