By Sidney Redner
Read Online or Download A Guide to First-Passage Processes PDF
Best mathematical physics books
First-passage houses underlie a variety of stochastic procedures, similar to diffusion-limited development, neuron firing and the triggering of inventory strategies. This booklet offers a unified presentation of first-passage procedures, which highlights its interrelations with electrostatics and the ensuing robust outcomes.
This e-book at the constitution and function of time in actual theories addresses itself to scientists and philosophers intereste: 'i within the 'no man's lard' among technological know-how and philosophy, specifically among physics and philoso phy. The p: lint of departure is actual time, Le. time as usErl 1: Y physicists of their theories; however the research isn't really oonfined to a in simple terms actual point yet caries the matter into the area of philosophical in quiry.
Stochastic tactics are a vital a part of various branches of physics, in addition to in biology, chemistry, and finance. This textbook offers an outstanding figuring out of stochastic approaches and stochastic calculus in physics, with out the necessity for degree conception. In fending off degree concept, this textbook supplies readers the instruments essential to use stochastic tools in examine with no less than mathematical historical past.
This booklet presents an creation to computational physics. pcs at the moment are ubiquitous and are an important instrument to any would-be clinical researcher. desktops can be utilized for a wide selection of clinical projects, from the easy manipulation of knowledge to simulations of actual international occasions. This booklet is designed to supply the reader with a grounding in medical programming.
- Applied Mathematics: Kolkata, India, February 2014 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Supermathematics and its Applications in Statistical Physics: Grassmann Variables and the Method of Supersymmetry (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- Brownian Motion: Fluctuations, Dynamics, and Applications (International Series of Monographs on Physics)
- Waves and Oscillations: A Prelude to Quantum Mechanics
- Data Analysis: Statistical and Computational Methods for Scientists and Engineers
- Computational Statistics (Wiley Series in Computational Statistics)
Extra info for A Guide to First-Passage Processes
A Guide to First-Passage Processes by Sidney Redner